Roles - Lead Developer
- To understand customer's needs and help the customer state them in a clear, understandable form.
- To design systems that satisfies customer's needs.
- To guide your development team to implement those systems.
- To promote our procedures and standards and to find new opportunities to improve them.
- To teach by example and words, showing the value of excellence.
- To value collaboration and critiques as the building blocks for trust with colleagues and customers.
- To value continuous improvement, seek out opportunities to learn and live by the principles of the Agile manifesto.
- To contribute to the company's technical culture, sharing your mastery with others.
If you score three times in a row over
2.5 you may get a career advancement.
You are an organizational model for you colleagues. You live by best practices and require and help others to meet your high standards. You do your best to lead by consensus, listening to your team, but you always remember they look at you as a guide. You protect your team and remove obstacles but keep them committed and fit to create value.
You take promptly decisions, even on partial data, perceiving the overall impacts on people, schedule and deliverables. You face challenges proactively, not waiting for others to solve problems for you. You handle difficult situations without losing your mind and help others enduring them.
You share your goals with your mates and work with them, never playing the hero or being a team of one. You speak your voice clearly, even when it's difficult, without holding relevant information for fear or stubbornness. When being frank makes you uncomfortable, you still strive to be polite and cheerful so you can make your point.
Your own schedule and workload balance is your responsibility. You have clear what's expected to you each iteration (week, sprint, milestone) and step up to discuss conflicting priorities and possible bottlenecks with the management.
You have clear what's expected from you and what you have to do to match the expectation. When you feel like you lost your goals, you speak up and do your best to have them clear.
Strong opinions, lightly held
You speak your mind and sustain your ideas with words and facts, but you are open to criticism and listen with open ears.
- You clearly identify the value behind a requirement and orient your work towards the delivery of that value, in accordance with our technical and human standards.
- You lead the creation of high-quality software, on time and in budget.
- You define the architecture of solutions that fulfill business goals, matching our high quality standards.
- You help your team define implementative details of solutions that fulfill business goals, matching our high quality standards.
- You sustain the growth of your younger colleagues, promoting the values of delivery quality and human relations both inside and outside the company.
- You help your team substantially improve internal projects, leading joint effort and/or directly contributing work as necessary.
- You shape new technologies, practices, tools and knowledge, even when you work on customer projects, in accordance with the direction set by the CTO.
- You generate content about technology, methodology or practices for Sparkfabrik's media.
- You lead, with the help of Sales and Communication, the production of a case study within two weeks by the end of each project.
- You make sure your team members (you also) participate in CFPs, applying as speakers at relevant conferences. You facilitate the organization of work to allow them (or yourself) to prepare the necessary material.
- You keep our Company Playbook up to date, extend and fix it every time you see the need.
- You deliver substantial contributions (new features, bugfixes, documentation, translations) to community projects, , leading joint effort and/or directly contributing work as necessary.