Roles - Senior Developer
- To define and realize technical solutions that satisfies customer's needs.
- To follow the direction of your team lead in doing so.
- To help your junior mates grow, challenging them and giving them fishing cans, not fish.
- To work following agreed procedures and matching our quality standards.
- To value collaboration and critiques as the building blocks for trust with colleagues and customers.
- To value continuous improvement, seek out opportunities to learn and live by the principles of the Agile manifesto.
- To contribute to the company's technical culture, sharing your mastery with others.
If you score three times in a row over
2.5 you may get a career advancement.
You share your goals with your mates and work with them, never playing the hero or being a team of one. You speak your voice clearly, even when it's difficult, without holding relevant information for fear or stubbornness. When being frank makes you uncomfortable, you still strive to be polite and cheerful so you can make your point.
Your own schedule and workload balance is your responsibility. You have clear what's expected to you each iteration (week, sprint, milestone) and step up to discuss conflicting priorities and possible bottlenecks with the management.
You have clear what's expected from you and what you have to do to match the expectation. When you feel like you lost your goals, you speak up and do your best to have them clear.
Strong opinions, lightly held
You speak your mind and sustain your ideas with words and facts, but you are open to criticism and listen with open ears.
- You define implementative details of solutions that fulfill business goals, matching our high quality standards.
- You realize solutions that business goals, matching our high quality standards, as defined with your team.
- You sustain the growth of your younger colleagues, promoting the values of delivery quality and human relations both inside and outside the company.
- You substantially improve internal projects (new features, bugfixes, documentation) based on your skills, aspirations and training goals.
- You shape new technologies, practices, tools and knowledge, even when you work on customer projects, in accordance with the direction set by the CTO.
- You generate (or help to) content about technology, methodology or practices for Sparkfabrik's media.
- You keep our Company Playbook up to date, extend and fix it every time you see the need.
- You partecipate in CFPs and apply as speaker at relevant conferences.
- You deliver substantial contributions (new features, bugfixes, documentation, translations) to community projects based on your skills, aspirations and training goals.