SparkFabrik encourages team members to attend relevant conferences for personal development and to promote us around the industry.
How to file an attendance request
If you wish to attend a conference, you must file your case using this form.
To praise your contribution and good citizenship, we will give you extra credits in the evaluation of your case based on:
- Code/Design/Documentation contributions to our current active internal projects
- Blog posts published on Tech @ SparkFabrik
- Organization of and presence at internal workshops/training sessions/hackathons
- Your disposition towards attending the conference as a speaker for SparkFabrik
What happens then?
The management board will consider the merits of conference attendance based on your case.
If many people want to attend we may have to limit the total numbers and will take into account if you already missed a conference previously. Anyway, we'll do our best to make everyone benefit from this boon at least one time every year.
If your application is rejected, SparkFabrik will provide you with the reason why.
If it is accepted SparkFabrik will provide the following:
- Paid attendance for 1 or more days
- Paid return travel
- Accommodation costs for yourself if required depending on the distance required to travel
- Costs of evening meal for yourself if staying overnight (this follows the same rules as usual expenses policies around food and drink)
If the conference and related travel happen over a weekend then it is not considered a working day so SparkFabrik does not usually provide time in lieu.
The main contact for everything related to conferences and events attendance is Paolo Mainardi (email@example.com)
This policy and playbook page has been strongly inspired by the great Deeson Handbook. Sadly the original Deeson's Conference Policy page has been removed from their handbook, but we still want to credit them for providing guidance.